Terms & Conditions For Use Of The SAE Website
By accessing, using or downloading/uploading any materials from/to this Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. In addition, you agree to the applicable Supplemental Terms by accessing, using, downloading materials from or uploading materials to that Additional Service.
- Copyrights. Unless otherwise noted, all information, text, articles, data, images, documents, software or other materials (collectively, "Materials") contained on any page within this Site are copyrighted by SAE or a third party (collectively, "IP Holder"). Title to copyright in the Materials will at all times remain with the IP Holder. You may only use, download or copy the Materials contained in the Site in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Any permitted copies of the Materials must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Materials. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you may not edit, modify, adapt or make use of the Materials without the express, prior written consent of SAE. You may not use any content contained in the Materials in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression or statement as to SAE, the IP Holder, or any third party referenced in the Materials. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any IP Holder's intellectual property rights. You agree to use the Site and the Materials and services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site only for lawful purposes. SAE MAY REVOKE ANY OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS, AS WELL AS ANY ACCESS AND USE AUTHORIZATIONS GRANTED TO USERS OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME. Except as specifically provided in these Terms and Conditions (including any applicable Supplemental Terms), any reproduction, distribution, replication or retransmission of any information contained on this Site without the prior written consent of SAE is strictly prohibited.
- Liability Disclaimers & Limitations.
Links to Third Party Sites. SAE is not responsible for the contents of any websites that are accessible via any link on this Site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. SAE provides the linked sites to you as a convenience and does not imply that SAE endorses the site, the organization operating such site, nor any products or services of that organization.
Export Restrictions. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such Materials contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the Materials is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, unless authorized by the U.S. Government. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
Confidentiality & Use of Information. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, any communication, comments, material or feedback with regard to contents on this Site transmitted by a user of this Site via electronic mail or otherwise shall be deemed to be non-confidential and SAE shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, SAE shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, publication on the Site, or other SAE publications, and developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
Governing Law and Venue. Any action, proceeding, dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Site or these Terms and Conditions, or any SAE products or SAE services offered on or accessed via the Site, shall (i) be governed by Pennsylvania law, without regard to its conflicts of law rules and (ii) be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Pennsylvania or of the United States District Courts located within Pennsylvania, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of said courts.
Complete Agreement; Changes to the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the Site and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications. SAE shall have the right to revise and modify the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on the Site. Any use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions by the user.
Trademarks. "SAE International", the SAE logo, and other SAE logos and titles are trademarks or service marks of SAE. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of SAE or other trademark owners.
Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SAE, its officers, directors, employees, members, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the Supplemental Terms.
Termination. SAE may terminate this agreement and your access and use of the Site, or any portion of the Site, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which SAE, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND SAE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS. SAE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPLETENESS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY. SAE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. SAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, CHANGE OR DELETE ITS CONTENT OR ANY PART THEREOF WITHOUT NOTICE. ANY PRICE OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DOCUMENTS AND SOFTWARE. SAE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TRUTH, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH INFORMATION. THE SAE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. NEITHER SAE NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED HEREIN, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OF COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. IP HOLDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS OR PERFORMANCE OR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTENTS THEREOF.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
All SAE Volunteers are expected to uphold the highest standards for professional conduct while volunteering for an SAE Program. Volunteers must treat all participants with courtesy, respect, and dignity. Volunteers are responsible for modeling professional conduct and for cultivating a respectful and inclusive program.
To foster a just and safe community unprofessional behavior, including that which is intimidating, threatening, violent, inappropriate, illegal, or dishonest, will be addressed by promoting accountability and following up with any actions necessary. Unprofessional behavior may result in the removal of volunteers from the program indefinitely.