College can be a financial burden, with tuition, room and board, everyday expenses, and textbooks. The Membership Team has created an SAE Student Textbook Stipend in the amount of $1,000 USD to help you with the cost of textbooks. SAE wants to invest in your academic career, and beyond, to your professional career. And in return, we want to hear how your membership and your involvement in SAE has helped you to reach your academic and professional goals so far.
Your essay (between 500 - 750 words) will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Organization & development of ideas
- Quality of SAE involvement
- Diversity of SAE involvement and activities
- US Resident
- Current, paid SAE International Student Member (Not a member? Join today.)
- Undergraduate (freshman through senior) pursing an engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- 3.0 cumulative college GPA or higher is required (official transcript required)
- Students are eligible to reapply by the deadline each semester.
Application window will be open January 1 and will be closed May 31, 2023. The first 100 eligible applicants will be considered by the SAE Textbook Stipend Committee.
Selection and Payment
Three students will be awarded the textbook stipend of $1,000 USD in June 2023.