Special Issue: Toward Sustainable Smart Manufacturing Systems through Circular Economy
With the advent of disruptive digital technologies, businesses face unprecedented challenges and opportunities. Advanced manufacturing systems are critical to making key enabling technologies and new products more competitive, affordable, and accessible, as well as promoting their economic and social impact. With the rapid development of global industrialization, people's awareness of environmental protection is increasing. This awareness sparks the importance of implementing sustainable manufacturing practices and a circular economy. Sustainable manufacturing practices are now a primary concern for improving the global environment and the overall ecosystem, which can be achieved through the widespread deployment of circular economy principles. Interest in circular economy research and its implementation has grown over the past decade. In today's volatile environment, the manufacturing industry adopts sustainable manufacturing practices and circular economy concepts in its day-to-day operations to mitigate environmental degradation. From a practical point of view, circular economy and sustainable development are tightly coupled concepts that complement each other. The transition to a circular economy appears to be the mode of change necessary to achieve sustainable integration of society into the planet.
This proposed special issue aims to publish high-quality research papers in interdisciplinary fields on issues related to sustainable manufacturing and the circular economy. Topics include, but are not limited to:
***Should be an industry or public sector professional, or academic with an interest in one or more of fields listed on the site.
- Green manufacturing (waste management, resource conservation, energy efficiency)
- Circular economy and sustainable supply chain systems
- The role of digitalisation (e.g. Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Blockchain, etc.) in the circular economy
- New and updated manufacturing paradigms in the circular economy
- Circular economy and Industry 4.0
- Digital and smart circular economy (smart waste management, smart eco-industrial parks, circular economy technologies)
- Synergies between Industry 4.0 and circular economy
- Blockchain technology for sustainable manufacturing applications
- AI, big data and IoT in sustainable manufacturing and services
- Connected smart factories
- Eco-design in smart factories of industry 4.0
- Economic, social and environmental aspects of sustainable manufacturing
For more information, please contact the Guest Editors:
Zhenling Liu (Lead Guest Editor)
Henan University of Technology, China
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Deadline to submit manuscripts for consideration: December 31, 2022
Please submit your full, review-ready article at https://www.editorialmanager.com/saejrnlmatlsmfg and include a submission note in Editorial Manager to indicate that it is for this special issue.
If Interested "Sign Up" Today!