Special Issue on Advances in P2P Sensor Networks for Smart Transportation
With equal responsibilities in processing data, this peer-to-peer (P2P) networking stays as an important component in many distributed applications. This context could be effectively viewed through the connected IoT environment where every sensor is linked through P2P network architecture. These technical elements are expected to perform interworking between heterogeneous networks, terminals, and applications. Moreover, when accurate, reliable, and smart sensors are connected, it could significantly help us to monitor changes in the critical information from various fields to improve our life. By deploying enhanced technologies like 5G networks in this smart architecture, prominent potentials could be obtained with entangled services. As well, the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) with machine learning capabilities could prudentially aid the user-centric applications of the smart sensor networks. Accordingly, this technological architecture promotes various advantageous factors like low-latency communications, ultra-reliability, high network capacity, enhanced autonomous systems, and much more. With all these capabilities, the advances in P2P sensor networking could effectively contribute to various applications like smart health care services, e-business activities, digital learning platforms, intelligent manufacturing units, autonomous transportation systems, etc. Explicitly, this network architecture evolves with immense potential when it is deployed in the smart transportation system. On account of this fact, it becomes obvious that emerging trends in P2P sensor networking are very crucial for this evolving transportation sector.
Unleashing the potential of these technologies not only shapes the future with innovative achievements but also opens up newer opportunities through emerging challenges. Certainly, this fact is supported through some practical difficulties that are experienced while employing P2P sensor networks in real-time applications like smart transportation. Firstly, we could comprehend that when there is an interlinked connection between heterogeneous sensor networks, the technological complexities seem to be increased rapidly. Then, there is a growing concern about the security and privacy threats in this technological framework. Thirdly, this intelligent architecture would develop technologically biased circumstances on making decisions by itself. In addition to these, reliability, scalability, lack of huge data storage facilities, physical isolation, etc. is some urgent challenges that are in need to be rectified by this system. Intending to achieve full efficiency, researchers, scholars, academicians, other related professional participants are invited to furnish their innovative solutions for the welfare of this domain. Through this special issue, we also create a forum for welcoming submissions related to upcoming advancements in this field. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- AI-empowered P2P sensor networks: A smart solution for transportation
- Secured and reliable P2P sensor networks for smart transportation with blockchain technology
- Self-optimized smart transportation system with machine learning-aided P2P sensor networking
- Autonomous vehicle and traffic management system with cloud-empowered P2P sensor networks
- Deep learning in P2P sensor networking for self-driving vehicles
- Implications of HCI in P2P sensor networking for smart transportation system
- P2P ad hoc and sensor networks with big data intelligence for smart traffic and vehicle management system
- Trends in privacy-preserving technologies for P2P sensor network security in an intelligent transportation system
- Next-generation smart urban transportation system using P2P sensor networking with machine learning techniques
- Role of computational intelligence in P2P sensor networking for optimizing self-driving vehicles
***Should be a industry or public sector professional, or academic with a research interest in one of the topics listed on the web page.
For more information, please contact the Guest Editors:
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India
Altair Management Consultants Corporation, USA
Middlesex University, U.K
Deadline to submit manuscripts for consideration: August 31, 2023
Please submit your article at https://www.editorialmanager.com/saeconnautomveh and include a submission note in Editorial Manager to indicate that it is for this special issue.