College can be a financial burden, with tuition, room and board, everyday expenses, and textbooks. The Membership Team offers an SAE Student Textbook Stipend in the amount of $600.00 USD* to help you with the cost of textbooks. SAE wants to invest in your academic career, and beyond, in your professional career. And in return, we want to hear how your membership and your involvement in SAE has helped you to reach your academic and professional goals so far.
Your essay will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Organization & development of ideas
- Quality of SAE involvement
- Diversity of SAE involvement and activities
- Current, paid SAE International Student Member (Not a member? Join now at sae.org/join)
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student Students in their final semester not pursuing any further education are not eligible for this stipend**
- Enrolled in a College or University in an Engineering related field
- 3.0 cumulative college GPA or higher is required (official transcript required)
Selection and Payment
Two textbook stipends of $600.00 USD* will be awarded for the Fall 2024 semester. This textbook stipend is not renewable.
The application window will be open and accepting applications through April 15th. The SAE Textbook Stipend Committee will consider the first 100 eligible applicants. The SAE Textbook Stipend Committee will select the recipient of the textbook stipends by May 31st, 2024.
**Students who are pursuing further education past their current graduation will be required to show proof.
Did you know that SAE offers Scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students? If you or someone else you know are interested in assistance with your current program, please check out the SAE Scholarships that are available. The application window is open through Thursday, February 29th.