POSTPONED - Despite the overwhelming interest shown in learning about electric vehicles, the province of Alberta is fighting the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus. While the board have planned for many countermeasures to safe guard the health of the participants, we along with our generous hosts from GoElectric have decided to postpone this tour until further notice.
In this trying time, you are recommended to follow all the precaution and information update available on the Province of Alberta’s site: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
In the meantime, SAE Alberta Section will issue a full refund to anyone who signed up for the event. We will provide updates related to this postponed tour once the risk level deescalate.
Thank you for your understanding.
On Thursday, March 19, 2020, The GoElectric EV Underground Makerspace (EV-U) would like to invite you to experience the energy and excitement of our Workshop, where we convert Classic Cars into EVs - or we will help you do it yourself.
You will see:
- A Shelby Daytona Coupe in the process of assembly, including merging with a Tesla Drivetrain
- A 1967 Volvo Wagon, being converted by the U of C Engineering Re-electric Car Club
- A 1958 VW Beetle ragtop – in process
- A converted 1972 VW 411 (Square-back) in for a battery upgrade.
- Our Battery Lab, where we will be reconditioning spent EV batteries for residential energy storage.
- A selection of OEM EVs which you probably didn’t even know exist.
- A ride along in an EV will more than likely be available.
The evening will be comprised of a general tour and introduction (with questions), then we will break up into groups, which will cycle around between the cars, where you can see for yourself what is involved, and ask questions. The presenters will be:
- Jim Steil and David Lloyd: Founders of GoElectric
- Jason Arnold, Lead EV Conversion Technician
- Robin Wainwright, EV Conversion and Battery Specialist
- Representatives from the U of C Re-Electric Team
- A number of other leading-lights in the local scene, depending upon availability.
The evening will start at 7:30pm with registration. Coffee and sweets will be served.
Cost: Students - $1.00, Members- $5.00, Guests - $10.00
Registration is limited to the first 30 people due to space constraints. Please register no later than Monday, March 16th.
GoElectric is located at 2605 – 17th Ave SW, Calgary, 3 blocks west of Crowchild Trail.